Your life can help improve the lives of rescued horses
Leaving a charitable bequest in your will is one of the most effective ways to make a lasting impact on the lives of rescued horses, ponies and donkeys while contributing to animal welfare in Spain.
Your donation truly does help. We are a small, grassroots non-profit and receive no government funding, so we can only continue rescuing horses and championing equine welfare through the generosity of our supporters.
By including Easy Horse Care in your will, you can leave a living legacy.
Making a will also ensures that everything you have worked hard for in your life is passed onto your loved ones and the causes you care about.
We are respectful of the gifts we receive and most bequestors are comfortable knowing their gift will be directed to the most urgent equine needs of the time. But if you’re passionate about a particular issue, we can together look at how your gift can be used in the way you will be most proud of.
What are the options for leaving a legacy to Easy Horse Care?
The easiest option for you and the best way to leave a gift to Easy Horse Care is to leave the “residue” of your estate, known as a “residuary bequest”. This is simply what is left of your estate once all your family and friends have been provided for.
One of the main benefits of this type of gift is that you don't have to worry about amending the gift in your will if your financial situation changes.
But there are other options you may wish to consider.
Your gift can take any of the following forms:
- A residuary bequest – after making provisions for your family and friends, the balance of your belongings (legally referred to as your "estate") is donated to EHC.
- A percentage of your estate – where a specific percentage of your estate is left to EHC.
- A pecuniary bequest – where a specific sum of money is donated.
- A specific gift bequest – referring to any non-cash items such as shares, property, jewellery, artwork, or other valuables, which can be given to EHC.
- A life insurance/assurance policy.
- A life income plan – where you set up a trust for your dependants, providing them with a regular income, and the principal of the trust (the original amount invested) is paid to EHC after a specified time period. This can also be known as a “charitable remainder trust”.
Choosing the right words
If you decide to leave a gift to Easy Horse Care, it’s important that you use the correct wording in your will.
Please take special care to use our registered name: Foundation Easy Horse Care Rescue Centre.
You will also need:
- Our address: Partido Lo Garriga, 59, Rojales, Alicante, Spain, 03170.
- Our bank details:
- Account number: ES47 0081 1456 5000 0108 2709.
- SWIFT/BIC code: BSAB ESBB.
- Our Registered Foundation Number: G54674098.
- Our Inscription Number: 030006 in the Spanish Ministry of Agriculture, Fisheries and Food's Registration of Foundations.
- Our contact name: Sue and Rod Weeding, EHCRC co-founders.
Roll of Thanks
In order to honour your commitment to equine welfare in Spain, Easy Horse Care would like to place your name (if you wish) on our Roll of Thanks, which is held here at our Rojales rescue centre. This acknowledgment is to show our appreciation of your forethought and for the very real fact that you care.
All your personal details will be treated in the strictest of confidence and we will respect your wishes if you choose to remain anonymous.
How to set up your legacy
The next step is to make an appointment with your financial or legal adviser. They can help you to decide what sort of bequest to make. We urge you to consult with a legal or financial adviser to make sure that:
- You can take advantage of any savings in inheritance tax.
- Your will is legal and valid for your country.
Making a bequest or already left a donation in your will?
It would be really helpful if you could contact us and let us know your intentions. It allows us to keep our records up to date and thank you for remembering Easy Horse Care in your will.
Contact us on email@example.com.
Thank you so much for generously considering leaving a living legacy with us.
"Maybe you can't change the world by saving one horse, but you can change the whole world for the horse that you save." – Sue Weeding, Easy Horse Care co-founder.